* The 2021 Stray Voltage courses: Introduction to Stray Voltage, Stray Voltage Testing, and Advanced Stray Voltage Investigation have been cancelled due to due to the surging COVID Delta variant. We are working to re-schedule these courses for the Spring of 2022. Please stay tuned for updates!
The Midwest Rural Energy Council is a cooperative effort between Extension programs at the University of Wisconsin, University of Minnesota, South Dakota State University and Iowa State University, and farm programs of member electric power suppliers in these states.
To support outreach, education and research on rural energy issues for the benefit of:
- farms and other rural energy consumers,
- rural energy suppliers,
- farm organizations and agricultural trade associations,
- electrical equipment and allied industries,
- government regulatory agencies.
* Take note of our new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2022 MREC Rural Energy Conference will be held from the 9th to the 11th of February, 2022. We are still evaluating COVID-19 restrictions on travel and large gatherings to determine if this will be an in-person or a virtual event. More updates to come soon!