The Midwest Rural Energy Council is a membership organization whose mission is to support outreach, education and research on rural energy issues for the benefit of:
- farms and other rural energy consumers,
- rural energy suppliers,
- farm organizations and agricultural trade associations,
- electrical equipment and allied industries,
- government regulatory agencies.
Our annual conference occurs in February, see more below. Follow the links above or to the right to find out more about the MREC, MREC publications, announcements and other educational programs and information on a variety of rural energy issues. Here is a promotional flier about MREC (half a page, front and back).
Classes in Stray Voltage Investigation for dairy producers and agricultural professionals are typically held once a year. Introduction to Stray Voltage, and Stray Voltage Testing will be held June 5-7, 2018 in Arlington Wisconsin (registration below). See the 2018 SV class brochure here. The Advanced Stray Voltage Investigation class was held February 14 as a pre-conference workshop.
- Register here for the class: Introduction to Stray Voltage to be held on June 5, 2018, at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station Public Events Building, N695 Hopkins Rd., Arlington, WI 53911
- Register here for the class: Stray Voltage Testing to be held June 6-7, 2018, at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station Public Events Building, N695 Hopkins Rd., Arlington, WI 53911
The 56th Rural Energy Conference was held February 14-16, 2018 in La Crosse, Wisconsin at the Radisson Hotel. See the conference brochure that lists speakers on topics such as workplace personal safety; grid interactive thermal storage; robotic milking; LED lighting design; incentive programs for energy efficiency; biosecurity on livestock farms; community and utility-scale solar; fault calculations, equipment protection and arc flash; data from cow activity monitors; dangers in the air on farms (manure gas, silo gas, etc.); and even an in-person report from Pam Jahnke, Wisconsin Farm Report Radio.
The pre-conference workshop February 14 was on Advanced Stray Voltage Investigation. The pre-conference workshop and the conference are two separate events.
Archives of previous conference brochures and conference presentations are here.
If you would like to receive notices of MREC activities and updates please sign up for our quarterly electronic newsletter below.