- Classes in Stray Voltage Investigation for dairy producers and agricultural professionals will be held June 5-7, 2018 at Arlington Agricultural Research Station in Arlington, Wisconsin. The brochure for the 2018 Stray Voltage Investigation Classes is here, and registration links are below. Classes are typically held once a year. On June 5, 2018, the Introduction to Stray Voltage class will be offered, and on June 6-7, 2018 the Stray Voltage Testing class will be offered. Both June classes will be held at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station Public Events Building, N695 Hopkins Rd., Arlington, WI 53911. The Advanced Stray Voltage Testing course was held February 14, 2018 as a pre-conference workshop given before the MREC Annual Rural Energy Conference. Stray Voltage Investigator’s Classes were developed by the University of Wisconsin, Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, and the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection.
- Register here for the class: Introduction to Stray Voltage held on June 5, 2018, at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station Public Events Building, N695 Hopkins Rd., Arlington, WI 53911
- Register here for the class: Stray Voltage Testing held June 6-7, 2018, at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station Public Events Building, N695 Hopkins Rd., Arlington, WI 53911
- Our 56th Rural Energy Conference was held February 14-16, 2018 in La Crosse, Wisconsin at the Radisson Hotel. See the conference brochure about our speakers on topics such as workplace personal safety; grid interactive thermal storage; robotic milking; LED lighting design; incentive programs for energy efficiency; biosecurity on livestock farms; community and utility-scale solar; fault calculations, equipment protection and arc flash; data from cow activity monitors; and dangers in the air on farms (manure gas, silo gas, etc.).
Credit for Professional Training:
- If you participated in an educational opportunity hosted by the Midwest Rural Energy Council and would like information on how to document instructional hours for professional training credit, click here. You can get documentation for participation in the MREC Annual Conference or the Stray Voltage Investigator’s Training held in May in Wisconsin.
Archives of the brochures and presentations from previous annual MREC conferences can be found here.