The MREC has developed a number of publications on rural energy issues. The following brochures are from 8 to 20 pages long and provide detailed coverage of the subject matter. For orders of 500 or more copies of one brochure, the brochures may be special printed with your logo attached. If you would like a single copy or would like to review these MREC publications are available for download by clicking the following links.
- Wind Turbines and Farm Stray Voltage
- How do Wind Turbines Generate Electricity?
- Lighting Technology: LED Lamps for Farm, Home, and Small Business
- Wiring Handbook for Rural Facilities
- Equipotential Planes for Stray Voltage Reduction: Installation Guidelines
- Planning Electrical Systems for Dairy Expansions
- Farming Safely and Efficiently with Electricity
- Stray Voltage Detection: A Self-Help Guide
- Power Quality and Computers on the Farm
- Installation and Operation of Fencers, Cow Trainers and Crowd Gates
MREC Informational Sheets
These short, one page informational sheets give a brief overview of a specific subject. These informational sheets can be downloaded for you to get up to speed quickly on some frequently asked questions. The MREC encourages you to distribute these documents in electronic or printed format to anyone with a question.
- What Do We Know About Stray Voltage?
- Stray Voltage Field Guide
- Installation and Maintenance of Cow Trainers (landscape – duplex or print double sided in order to view this publication correctly)
- Installation and Maintenance of Cow Trainers (portrait – follow regular printing instructions)
- Installing Electrified Crowd Gates (landscape – duplex or print double sided in order to view this publication correctly)
- Installing Electrified Crowd Gates (portrait – follow regular printing instructions)
- Stray Voltage
- High Frequency Noise
- Earth Currents
- Electrical Pollution
- Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF)
MREC Member Organization’s newsletters
Several members of MREC publish their own newsletters. These are listed below:
- Wisconsin Public Service “Farm Energy News“
- We Energies newsletters: “Energy for Tomorrow” or “Agricultural Services“
- Consumers Energy “AgriCulture“
- GDS Associates, Inc. “TransActions“
Publications, papers and presentations from past conferences, MREC member contributions, and other sources are also available on the informational pages on the menu bar to the left of your screen.